Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Snow Driving
by GC SMITH

Slippin' not grippin'
doin' the deep snow glide
while cars come at you
in an out of control slide

Unless you have ABS
don't slam on the brakes
that'll worsen the slide
pump for a straight ride

They say steer into it
to counteract the slide
but that's durn old advice
for a rear wheel drive

Doin' the 360 dance
on the Pennsylvania Pike
more fun than a polka
provided you live

I remember way back
before stabilty control
snow driving was an art
surely lotsa fun

We'd slip, we'd slide
with the old man's car
and hope to get home
with the fenders intact

Sometimes we made it
with nary a scratch
somtimes we came home
with fenders detached

We'd suffer the wrath
of our Pater's fury
then go snow drivin' again
soon as we got the chance

'cause there's no fun like
a three sixty slide
on a narrow mountain road
with the car swinging wide

Adrenilin pumps
anticipatin' sore lumps
and bruises-contusions
when the spin is arrested

It's wild-it's wooley
the apex of fun
daring the odds
with a slip, slidin' run

But now that I'm mature
I'm down here in the south
safely esconsed
in my own warm house

1 comment:

Scott Van Newkirk said...

Hi Mr. Smith, I realize this is an odd way to contact you, but I found your site through a search. I was given your name as a point of contact. I would like to talk to you about the golf course you recently acquired in Pleasant Point. Our company, Troon Golf, would be a perfect fit to provide you our professional club management services. If you are interested in learning more about Troon Golf, please contact me at svannewkirk@troongolf.com or by phone at 480-477-0422.

Sincerely,

Scott