Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 19, 2008

# 19

An old one.


HANDS
By GC SMITH

I hate my hands.

Stubby fingers:
sausages that can't
palm a basketball or
snap a smart smooth spiral
from a NFL's football's laces.

Fuckin' stinkin' little hands,
goddamn: I was born with brains,
and with reasonable coordination,
and drive to play the games men play,
but I'm cursed with these stinkin' little hands.

I've spent most of my life on mind things:
analyzing this and that and concluding sharply,
making pronouncements: profound, or at least payed for,
but I've been thinking that I would have lived a different life,
but for the curse of these dammed chubby, short fingered hands.





A new one:

Calloused Hands
by GC SMITH


Wrench turning
hands

Saw sliding
hands

Hammer
banging hands

Fixing engines,
building homes
is how I use
my hands

No comments: