Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 3, 2008

April is poetry month. Write a poem a day. Here's my first three.

A minimalist's
considered, heartfelt, immediate
and everlasting message of advice to
someone who has not the sense
to know when he or she
is not wanted
or needed
by GC SMITH

Go away
now
stay gone


THE NEAT FREAK
By GC SMITH

She’s tried tossing it out
during several cleaning frenzies,
it's been trash canned more than twice;
my old grease coated jacket

Then there’s my shoes
paint splattered old sneakers
rescued from the trash can
on several occasions

I don’t care about the tee shirts
or the holey old blue jeans
there’s always more of those
but the other stuff’s precious

So keep your house as you will
I won’t laugh at your neatness
but stay out of my garage
leave my work clothes alone



Day One
By GC SMITH

He suffered jokes year round
Him, a nerd, nebbish, a clown
But then on one April the one
They found themselves undone

Plotting was his sharpest tool
Revenge why he went to school
He knew that it would be most cool
To see them squirm was his golden rule

He planned, and plotted to be cruel
He’d be just as stubborn as a mule
Tease them to think they’d find a jewel
Then he’d shout out: APRIL FOOL!

No comments: