Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chapeaus

Fav Toppers
By GC SMITH

I got me a Harley hat
a gimmee cap with a logo
that says:
"RIDE LIKE THE WIND"
but the embroidery
ain't so good
it looks more like:
RIDE LIKE THE WINO

The hat's rolled brim is frayed
an' that makes it special
you'd have to pay extra
to get a like hat
but I done frayed it myself
through years of wearing
that faded old hat
what
covers my bald spots

That faded grey hat
is damn near my favorite
it's right on up there
with my black beaver Stetson
and almost as good
as the hat with the logo

"IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS
IT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE"

2 comments:

Nonnie Augustine said...

I loves that one, too, G.C. I once bought a 1954 blue Cadillac because I was wearing a favorite wide-brimmed red straw hat. They looked so good together, you see. Nonnie

GC SMITH said...

Thanks Nonnie. I'm a hat guy.

I had a 53 green Caddy and a 57 blue Jag.