Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

R & R inspired poem

A Lynyrd Skynyrd Saturday Night
By GC SMITH

"Saturday night down to at voodoo lake
this here simple man simply asked
an innocent question, "so you tell me,
sweet lady, what's your name, what's your name?"

"Bernice" she replied, "and I know no shame."
"Now, I know a just a bit about the fast women,
so, bring it on you fine sweet thing
and, oh man, YAHOO, man did she ever."

"I smelled his anger when he came through the door.
damn, that smell, sulphur straight from hell
Bernice stepped away", mouthin' aloud, an uh-oh!
You gotta look out for his Saturday nite special."

"I looked up at that giant and nearly did swoon:
Never gonna be a Freebird if he don't give me room.
Says, I, though I know that you're on the hunt,
believe me, I'm leavin' here right soon enough."

"Right then I decided to be a travelin' man
heading myself out of here for sweet home Alabam;
cause he didn't know that I never kissed her,
fore sure I'm gone, give me three steps Mister."

No comments: