Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 18, 2007

On silence and solitude

Off Walden Pond
By GC SMITH

Jingle-jangle
damn that phone
why I'm
never
left alone
is the prime
question of
my life
I don't need
this modern
strife

No noise please

Like Walt
I'd rather
be
just me
beside a
pond
where fishes swim
or sitting
near a brook
to read
my book

Quietly, all by myself

The sound of
silence
is just what
I need
not loud
street noise
not blasting
horns
and I'll do fine
without those
screeching brakes

Quiet please, man thinking

Just let me
sit here
with my book
and please
no blare
from the
TV
with its
crappy
sit-com
shows

Turn it down

I just want
some
peace and quiet.
Shhh
shush
no noise
please
I'd much prefer
my silent
solitude
if you don't mind

Put a sock in it.

2 comments:

Splendor G. Mainwaring said...

Laissier les bon temps rouler.

This be one splendiferous blog site, Smiffy. Tons o'fun here.

Just one suggestion, me - I can't get back to Zoe from dis here gator ho', da backlink she's not workin'. Get da boffins on dat, will ya? I sho' wood depreciate it.

Man, you has made me hongry for dem mudbugs and dirty rice.

Maddog
Motown

GC SMITH said...

Glad you like it.

I go right back to Zoe by clicking back.