Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 5, 2007

WHITE LIGHTNING

I'm looking for a literary agent.

I am the author of a novel, WHITE LIGHTNING, a murder mystery set in the world of championship stock car racing. I've almost been successful in placing the book with several agents, but unfortunately not quite. Here, for example, is the text of a rejection letter I received yesterday.

Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you for your submission, White Lightning. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your novel. It's paced well with great character development. I sat on it for a little while as I'd like to take it on, but I don't think I'll be able to find a good publisher for it. As you know, I'm representing a cozy NASCAR series and the feedback I've gotten on submission has been negative. There are already two publishers who have similar books coming out, and another has said that the NASCAR audience doesn't translate to books. I believe they are wrong, but because of the feedback, I am afraid I won't be able to find it the publisher it deserves.

Thank you for considering us. I do wish you the best fortune in placing this book.

Sincerely,

So, I'm close but no cigar. And I'm asking for help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to an agent who would be interested in representing my book? Any suggestions provided will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: